LG DVD RW GH22NS30 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am trying to make a bunch of my kids little league videos and whatnot into dvd's, so I purchased a cheap DVD burner online, the problem is I am not as tech savvy as I thought. It is an LG DVD Burner Model GH22NS30, it came with the 2 cables but no software or anything like instructions. I tore apart a spare computer which I am going to be doing it all on, its kinda old, so that may be one of my issues, but I have no idea what I am really doing, especially where the audio cable goes. It is a serial ATA wire, and I think I am supposed to put it into the motherboard, but where?? Is it possible my computer is too outdated for that cable? Any help would be greatly appreciated, or just tell me that I should cut my loses and ship it back. If you can point me in the direction of who to ask or where to go or any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to make this so long, have a great day.

Here is a link for all of the specifications in case that is needed. Thanks again.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136152&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-[/url]

You would need to tell us what motherboard you have for us to comment on whether or not it supports SATA drives. Since you can't find a SATA connector on the motherboard then it probably doesn't. Keep in mind that when you buy OEM parts, they ordinarily do not come with any accessories or instructions, just the bare drive. If you do get cables or software, it's a bonus but not to be expected. If you want all the accessories, you need to buy a drive labeled "Retail." But retail packages vary and I don't know what you would get in any given package.

If you are trying to convert video tapes to DVDs, you will need a video capture device/card and the appropriate software to do the conversion besides the DVD burner. Most graphics cards send a signal out only. I wish I could help you with specific software but I don't know enough about it to make a recommendation. When I wanted to convert videos to DVDs, I bought a dual video tape-DVD recorder machine. It was a stand alone combo machine made by Liteon and you can convert from one to the other format, both ways.

If you are just copying DVDs, then it is perfectly doable on a PC. DVD burning software almost always comes with a retail DVD drive.

The motherboard is an SiS 963L, I think. Dang, I guess I should have done a little more digging before I bought it. I was too enamored with the price. There isn't a cable that I can buy that will convert? Thanks a lot for your help

Not just a cable but a combination of hardware and software that you don't have yet, apparently. BTW, that's not a motherboard but a chipset on a motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back