TechSpot

LG Optimus 2X: the first dual-core smartphone

By Emil
Dec 16, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. LG Electronics has unveiled the LG Optimus 2X, the world's first smartphone with a dual-core processor. The LG Optimus 2X will be available in Korea next month with countries in Europe and Asia to follow. The phone will initially be released with Android 2.2 (codenamed Froyo) and will be upgradeable to Android 2.3 (codenamed Gingerbread). The upgrade schedule to Gingerbread has yet to be announced.

Read the whole story

2. bioflex

bioflex TS Rookie Posts: 70

Am I dreaming or something... imo this is definitely a must have phone for me, too bad I can't afford anything like this any time soon.

3. lchu12

lchu12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 199   +9

Do anyone remember the days where a phone was just a phone? And the phone ws the size of a VHS tape? OMG I can't believe I remember those days! lolz

4. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

800x480. Not interested.

5. this phone is better at handling video than my computer :(

6. dummybait

dummybait TS Rookie Posts: 45

what does this have to do with anything...???

7. The design looks very much like an iPhone 4. Not very original but good looking.

8. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,306   +100

Somebody pinch me... or tell me the price so I know if I'm dreaming or what O_O

9. princeton

I know why you chose your name...

LG makes the panel in the iphone 4. There is NO REASON their flagship phone should have the standard 800x480 res. It's obvious that LG can manufacture 1280x720 panels, they just choose not to.

10. cardriverx

cardriverx TS Rookie Posts: 84

needs.. bigger... battery.....

11. You see, as the Optimus One gained much success as a bang for the buck phone, it's no wonder alot is getting hype over this phone, LG offered O1 with a price:performace ratio that no entry level phone surpassed. Who Knows what the O2x can offer? Say, A running contender for the iPhone4 with Half the price? who wont be interested?

12. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

LG's Optimus One is currently the leader in the entry level to midrange Android phone market. The 2X will probably enjoy similar success in the market. The only change I would want for the phone is a higher capacity battery. A 1,500-mAH battery is a lot in a regular candy bar or clam shell phone but not in a touch screen phone with full connectivity features.

13. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

800x480 isn't the problem IMO princton, it is the WVGA screen, they could have bought CBCD screens from Nokia to compete with Samsung's Super AMOLED offerings, and that would have made this phone pretty much perfect.

14. princeton

Samsung 1280x720 AMOLED. Would be godly.

15. and then the battery would be dead in just one hour!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.