Here is a picture of the phone and its key specifications:
- 1Ghz Dual-core Processor (NVIDIA Tegra 2)
- 4-inch WVGA screen
- 8GB memory (up to 32GB via microSD)
- 1,500 mAh battery
- 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera
- HDMI mirroring that expands content on external displays to full HD quality
- 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 playback and recording
LG boasts that Nvidia's dual-core Tegra 2 system-on-a-chip makes browsing, gaming, and using applications faster, lets users multitask with virtually no screen lag, and has very low power consumption but high performance for playing video and audio. The LG Optimus 2X can connect wirelessly to any DLNA-compatible digital device (most are HDTVs). The smartphone also includes an accelerometer, gyroscopic sensor, and a Micro-USB port.
"Dual-core technology is the next leap forward in mobile technology so this is no small achievement to be the first to offer a smartphone utilizing this technology," Dr. Jong-seok Park, CEO and President of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company, said in a statement. "With unique features such as HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) mirroring and exceptional graphics performance, the LG Optimus 2X is proof of LGâs commitment to high-end smartphones in 2011."