TechSpot

Lian Li intros $500 Tyr PC-X500FX mid-tower chassis

By Matthew
Dec 9, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Lian Li has updated its Tyr PC-X500 premium-grade chassis to include various features that reviewers and fans requested when the product launched back in 2008. Answering criticism, the company has…

Read the whole story

2. wow, nice but expensive case there...

and is that a washable filter protruding on the second pic?

3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Ouch....$499?? Can't imagine they'll sell a lot of these when there are a number of highly rated cases (both mid and full-tower size) that are 1/3 - 1/2 of that cost available.

4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,321   +101

I must agree... way too expensive for nothing new at all in a mid tower.

5. lchu12

lchu12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 199   +9

Never used an Lian Li...but I think if I was willing to spend that much dough on a case, I would get something like Antec.

Anyone used Lian Li before?

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

That is a tad on the pricey side, the design isn't really that great considering you can get a prettier Antec or cooler master for half the price and same specs?

7. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 369   +40

Lian-li has unmatched quality and manufacturing in my opinion, but I agree. That is way too expensive. I have 3 Lian-li cases, but when I built my new gaming machine this year, I opted for a Silverstone Fortress II. Still quite as expensive, but as someone mentioned, its a fraction of the price of this beast.

8. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

lol i can get a i7 CPU PC fully functional tower whit that money.

9. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,321   +101

And, in a HAF chassis which I love :D

10. Lian Li stuff is WAY overpriced. They make nice towers, but for the cost you can just get a regular tower (which is fine) for like 60-100 dollars and spend the extra 400 bux on components.

I'll happily stick with my Xigmatek Midgard-W tower, thank you very much.

11. I've owned 5 Lian Li cases. Solid built cases. Price was always a major sticking point for most. I kept my eyes open and soon deals would be forthcoming and I'd buy one. The most expensive one I've owned is the last one, the all red, AMD gamer case. Great case, but I can tell that Lian Li has started using thinner aluminum to keep costs in line. As much as I love Lian Li, no way would I spend $500 for a case. One other opinion: If it comes down to Lian Li versus Antec, go Lian Li for the win.

12. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

That's way too much money for a case. I could probably justify spending that amount on a high-end X58 motherboard if I wanted to go the Tri-SLI or Quad Crossfire route but definitely not on the case alone. Currently using Gigabyte Sumo tower and an older Thermaltake Xaser III super tower, no problems with either one.

13. actionjksn

actionjksn TS Rookie

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.