Lian Li launches new HTPC, mid-tower chassis

Matthew DeCarlo

Lian Li's ever-expanding chassis lineup got a little larger today with the addition of two new cases: the PC-C60 and PC-6. The former resides in Lian Li's HTPC Domus series, supporting ATX, microATX and Mini-ITX motherboards, and measuring a relatively compact 445mm (W) x 182mm (H) x 410mm (D). The enclosure features a tool-less "easy-to-upgrade" design along with enough airflow and elbowroom for some respectable hardware.

The exterior shows two 5.25-inch bays while the interior can hold three 2.5-inch and six 3.5-inch drives (the 3.5-inch bays also have native support for 2.5-inch drives). The rear is occupied by seven ventilated expansion slots and there's headroom for graphics cards measuring up to 270mm long. Cooling is tackled by two 140mm front intake fans and an optional 140mm top exhaust. Front I/O includes USB 3.0, eSATA and audio ports.

Meanwhile, the mid-tower PC-6 is geared toward full-fledged desktop use, touting eight tool-free PCI brackets and space for expansion cards measuring up to 440mm long. Despite its larger dimensions, the mid-tower supports less than half the storage drives, though it gains one external 5.25-inch bay. Front panel connectivity has been somewhat downgraded too, trading one USB 3.0 for USB 2.0 and nixing the eSATA connector.

The PC-6 has two 140mm fans -- one in front and one in back -- along with a "mount for a fan speed control-switch," but the switch isn't included. You can expect both chassis to have Lian Li's quality craftsmanship throughout, including an all-aluminum body, anti-vibration components, and decent cable management. The PC-C60 is reportedly set for $149, while the PC-6 will cost $229 -- a price we're not particularly thrilled about.

Permalink to story.

Well, the mid tower certainly hits the mark for low key. Everybody will surely be watching the movie, rather than staring at your computer. I guess if you stared at that thing long enough, you'd nod off and miss the movie.

Once again, the Lian Li design team proves to be the laziest since Porsche.
Well, that's not very nice! Don't you like the "Boxter", with the single tail pipe coming out the center of the bumper. It's about time that Porsches had an a**hole! Well, other than the one behind the wheel....:rolleyes:

Ah!, Autohenge...no doubt erected by Redneckus Habilus as either a failed attempt at portable timekeeping, or a memorial to their favourite drive in movie, "One Dimensional Big White Guy with Huge Guns II: Kickboxer Vendetta Showdown in Burbank Parking Lot"

I'd much rather see more chassis' like this, instead of the usual embarassing monstrosities that are released.

Ah!, Autohenge...no doubt erected by Redneckus Habilus as either a failed attempt at portable timekeeping, or a memorial to their favourite drive in movie, "One Dimensional Big White Guy with Huge Guns II: Kickboxer Vendetta Showdown in Burbank Parking Lot"
Well no. For the sake of accuracy, I linked "Carhenge", in Nebraska. "Autohenge is in Canada, which I'm sure gwailo247 will have something to say about.

Here's a potpourri of henge replicas for your perusal: http://heritage-key.com/blogs/ann/clonehenge-10-most-fascinating-stonehenge-replicas

As a spoiler, I'll go on record as saying, "Tamponhenge" is my personal favorite.

To get back to topic, (at least a little), I'm pretty sure this new Lian Li is ripped directly off the obelisk from "2001, A Space Odyssey".

Back