Lian Li Mini Q PC-V354 MicroATX Case Review

Jos

Staff
The Lian Li Mini Q PC-V354 is a rather unique product, and that's not an easy thing to achieve in today's chassis industry. The company has managed to shrink a full size ATX case into a MicroATX case, while still accommodating hefty enthusiast components like full-size graphics cards.

Read the full review at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/323-lian-li-mini-q-pc-v354/

Please leave your feedback here.

I have to say its a very nice looking case. I'm normally a fan of big beefy cases. Only reserve I have on it is spending $150.00. Just hurts a bit for such a small case :p.

I would like to know what size CPU cooler can be used in the case with a standard PSU installed. It's hard to tell from the photos.

Thanks!

Part of me wished I waited for this case (even though I did not even know about it until a month ago). However, I do not regret buying the PC-Q08, which the PC-V354 is essentially the bigger brother of in terms of physical design and intended use. To see where the v354 is coming from, the PC-Q08 has space for 30CM cards (perhaps you could fit a 5970 but it would not be pretty I'd imagine) or 6 HDD's (with two bays, like the v354) + one 5.25" bay, with an even smaller footprint. This of course was at the expense of compatibility (mini-ITX only) and ease of installation, which the V354 seems to solve without increasing size too much, and the fan controller is a really nice touch. I may very well keep this case on my mind on the next build, if I don't decide to try my hand at watercooling.

nice case and nice review!
one question: what about noise?
years ago i had a shuttle xpc and it was HOT and really, really noisy!

Guest said:
nice case and nice review!
one question: what about noise?
years ago i had a shuttle xpc and it was HOT and really, really noisy!
Well if it is anything like my PC-Q08 (which it is) it'll be pretty quiet and heat is more or less a non-issue, as the same can be said for the PC-Q08.

Yeah its very quiet, near enough to silent. Of course there is a fan speed controller so you can adjust the fans to suit your needs.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The Lian Li Mini Q PC-V354 is the perfect case for a small lan party or a home theater case. I prefer Small Form Factor Cases (SFFC) over the big ones. They are lighter and you can place them over a small desk in a small room. You can also places them inside a padded bag and take them with you on travels. I have the Silverstone SG3 (Aluminum), the dimensions are smaller than the Lian Li SFFCs and lighter (7lbs). The only problem I have with the SS SG3 is that It was not design for larger cards like the ATI 5970 and if you want to fit an ATI 5870 you need to buy a thiner fan like the Scythe SY1212SL12H. Air flow is great and the case give you space to add PCI Slot case coolers bellow and above and if you want to add more air flow you could buy the Silverstone RL-FX121 case fan. It cost me $100 plus all the fans like around $130. Another set back with the SS SG3 is that you cannot accommodate a tower heat think because of the smaller dimensions.

The Lian Li Mini Q PC-V354 is a great design but is not the smallest nor the lightest.

Cheers...

Thanks for the review.
It is interesting, where and when I can buy this case in Russia?
The price - isn't important.

i really like this. lian-li makes some great computer cases. they are very innovative with the designs and i mainly favor their ability to keep a basic and elegant design while really making the functionality of the case more justifying of the usual price tag on their cases.

Lian Li is worth EVERY penny. I've owned several of their cases and you can't beat their quality and design. Rounded edges, thumb screws, almost everything comes apart easily. If you want a case that'll last, you want Lian Li.

I got mine this week. It now somes with a proper 20-pin header for the front USB geader, instead of the two female adapters. Quite a nice surprise.

I've had this case up and running for about a year now. Right now there's an ASRock X-68 motherboard & an Intel I-5 2500K processor, along with a Samsung 1-TB HD for storage and a red Corsair GT SSD as boot drive. It uses the Intel, on-board graphics; no video card.

The CPU cooler is a Noctua NH-C14, which is a "side mount," top down airflow desigh instead of the more common tower coolers. That comes with 2 x 140mm fans for a push/pull air flow system that helps cool the 16-GB DDR-3 memory.

Can't talk about the standard case fans. Before I got the case I found a deal on Noctua case fans and pulled the standard Lian Li fans when I assembled the system. All the fans spin slow and it's a very quiet system. I've unplugged one of the fans on the cooler without any adverse effects. When adjusting the fan controller knob on the case, I've come across this point where the fans are rotating very slowly but begin to resonate together and produce an obvious and obnoxious noise, so I have to speed them up a little to avoid that problem.

This is a very powerful machine that handles large photoshop and multi-media files with ease. Plus it's compact and very portable. The design flaw I like least is the way the side panels don't quite fit flush at the corners of the chassis sides.

Still, it's a good case.

Back