TechSpot

Lian Li PC-90 mounts hard drives vertically inside case door

By Matthew
Aug 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Lian Li has introduced a new chassis that could serve as a compromise between the familiarity of a horizontally structured chassis and the oft-advertised superior cooling of vertical layouts. Theā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Looks like I could have my new case sorted!

3. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +126 Staff Member

They should have made the plate with the harddrives swivel down using hinges at the bottom, and include the proper length SATA and Power cables so that they do not need to be removed.
    Now it's just too big of a PITA to get to your mainboard if you want to upgrade or change anything...

Even better would have been if they put it on the other side of the case, behind the mainboard...

4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,869   +697

Yes, would be a much better layout. Hide the cabling, and wouldn't take a great deal of work to have the central vertical channel available for mainboard ATX/EPS/fan/front panel cable routing.

Odd layout considering Lian Li is targeting HPTX board systems - not many SR-2 owners I would think don't want to show off their systems. Even weirder that the chassis isn't watercooling friendly.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.