Limewire Pro 4.17.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam111291

My limewire Pro all of a sudden has stop connecting and doesnt find any songs or anything when i type anything in the search bar

On My User It Says Limewire Has Detected A Firewall, Yet On My Dads User It Connects Straight Away With No Problems.

I Have Compared Both Firewall Settings On My Anti Virus Software And They Appear To Be The Same On Both Users.

Please help me

Thanks

Uninstall Limewire Pro
Restart
Re-install Limewire

Hopefully your firewall kicks in and asks do you want to allow... Yes (although I wouldn't like a file sharing program on my computer)

I have already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the program

It still doesnt work

I even installed the basic version of Limewire 4.18.3

And that didnt work so i changed it back to Limewire Pro 4.17.5.

Any other suggestions on advice on what to do with this problem.

Thanks

Once upon a time, P2P file sharing was fairly safe. That is no longer true. You may continue to use P2P sharing at your own risk; however, please keep in mind that this practice may be the source of malware. see http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=26216

Although I don't trust P2P at all - Limewire is one of the least safe sharing programs out there

Well you just have to know how to use it. For limewire only download Music. Ive done it for years and not had problems related to limewire. Now as for the problem. What firewall are you using?

Larryiam i know i download music all the time and i aint had one virus from it all the time and the firewall im using is the windows firewall i did have mcafee firewall but that was uninstalled due to the subscription running out

thank you. Like i have said you just have to be smart when using limewire. As everyone know if you download applications from limewire then about 99.9% of the time yes you will have a virus but music no. Well as for the problem. Have you made sure that windows firewall is allowing incoming/outgoing connection for limewire?

Well larryiam i think i have run me through what i have to do to make sure they are allowed for limewire please

ok will be glad to
Click:
Start
control panel
security center
manage security settings for: Click windows firewall
click on the exceptions tab. now look for limewire and make sure the box is ticked.
If you don't see limewire:
click add program
locate limewire and click on it and click ok.
now locate it in the exceptions tap and make sure its ticked.
click ok to exit the windows firewall and try limewire.
Note:when in limewire do you see a firewall next to the world?
Post back results :)

right thats limewire is ticked on exceptions tab and when i load up limewire it still has starting connection and has a wall infront of a globe next to it any other ideas are welcome

um is windows firewall the only firewall you have? don't leave it off or forget it but turn off the firewall for a min load limewire and see if it connects. if it works get a better firewall if not try googling frostwire. its just as good as pro. Oh and does your internet work properly? stupid i kno. lol just check

well i just restarted my computer loaded limewire it now works perfect have perfect connection hmm weird thanks any way do you know what could of caused this by any chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back