Linksys Configuration Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderguy2112

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Linksys wireless router so that I can finally get wifi in my home. The computer I'm on now is going to "host" the router. I use verizon dsl, and a dsl modem. I correctly plugged the Linksys in all of it's intended ports, but Windows Vista doesn't pick it up. I "googled" around a good bit for the solution. I basically found out that the CD with the Linksys is useless, and I have to allow my modem to connect itself and the linksys at the same time manually (configuring). To do this, apparently, I have to get my gateway address (which would be 192.168.1.1), and type that into my web browser (being firefox). The Westell site comes up with my connection info. - I "log in" with "admin" "admin" as the user and pass. Now I have the administration to change my modem and connection settings, WHAT SHOULD I DO FROM HERE?

Thank you all very much,
FenderGuy2112

That would be unusual that your LinkSys disk is useless, because most will get you started in VISTA as well as WXP.
There are updates at the LinkSys site for each operating system. You will benefit from going to the LinkSys Support site, while knowing your model number and version number, then download and print the Quick Install Guide, the long User Guide in PDF format, and the latest drivers... which may be about 36 MB or more.
Then follow the instructions in the quick install or user guide after you install the latest driver... you are on the right track... you may want to talk to tech support of your high speed connection to see what they require, codes wise... as they vary from location to location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back