Linux driver support for ATI and Hauppauge cards

TorturedChaos

I'm working on a HTPC/DVD system, and I'm planing on running Mythbuntu for the OS/DVR system. Does anyone know how AMD/ATI's drivers are for Linux? I'm thinking of running a SAPPHIRE 100292DDR3L Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card graphics card in it.

And if there is decent driver support for Hauppauge WinTV Tuner cards on Linux? Going to get some like
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1850 (updated version of 1800) MCE Kit 1128 PCI-Express x1 Interface down the road.

There are two breeds of linux driver for AMD/ATI: The FOSS drivers, such as the xorg radeon and radeonhd divers and the closed source ATI proprietary driver: known as fglrx. For your card, based on the evergreen GPU, you are going to be looking at using fglrx as the support for evergreen is far from complete in the open drivers at present.

No idea with regards to TV tuner cards.

You are asking this question at the wrong place however. This is not a linux community/support forum. Head over the phoronix forums, linuxquestions or go the distro specific forum (i.e. in your case the ubuntu forums).

Back