TechSpot

Loading time

By SnakeEye
Apr 14, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I'm a newbies here and this is my first question. Do anybody know how to speed up the loading time when you sign in to your computer. I mean when you type in your passwaord and it say "Loading personal setting." Before, it took only a few second to sign on but now it takes forever.

I use WinXP Pro and have not install anything major onto my Computer. Please help.
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Have you tried looking in the Log Viewer ? Right-click on "My Computer" & select Manage.

Look in the log viewer & see if you have any error messages.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Windows will load much quicker if you don't have many things load on Startup. If you have recently installed something that might have caused this slow down, try removing it from startup.
  4. SnakeEye

SnakeEye Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

i have some error message from application I do not use anymore. that is about it. i have not install except for Ad-Aware.
  5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Then uninstall that particular application, and any other software you are not using (anymore).
  6. SnakeEye

SnakeEye Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanx for the help

Nothing better than tech Spot
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.