Logitech G15 keyboard not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

eafshar

I get this error in device manager: " Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

on boot the keyboard is no detected. hence it didnt let me enter and check BIOS settings. I tried another USN keyboard and it works fine.. i went into bios to check the USB settings.. and everything is fine.

I have tried updating.. disabling/ unistalling the USB.. but nothing works. I turn off my computer- unplugged it for 5min, and turned it back on but it still wasnt detected.

i have tried connecting it to another computer but the keyboard gives the same "Device not recognized " error.

i am running windows 7 RC.. the other computer i tried it on was running windows vista.

non of the lights turn on on the keyboard when i plug it in a usb ( i ahve tried it on multiple.)

is it safe to assume i need a replacement or need it repaired?... any ideas of what could ne wrong if u disagree.

also i have had the keyboard for over 3 month and it has been working perfectly.. until today.

i believe it stopped working after i turned off my computer in the morning.. but it actually didn't turn off and was stuck on one of those "do u want to close this program" stage. so when i came back home i realized it wasn't off. so i canceled the shutdown process but realized keyboard wasn't working.. so i did a restart. and win7 did an update while it was turning off.. keyboard has not worked since this morning.

oh i also tried system restore to 2am last night(when i was on the computer last night) with no success.

any help is appropriated.

One of those relatively new areas of change. When once we never saw a failed keyboard, we now see them frequently... way too often, really.
your only choice is to replace the keyboard. I would find a $2.00 used one from the White Elephant or Thrift Shop, or computer repair shop. The old ones work better, in our experience.

I have this keyboard as well, it's nice for gaming....when it works. I would get this kind of problem once in a while with it, but then again sometimes it would work like a dream. Same with the mouse I got with it. I converted back to my old dell keyboard, and I find that it works just fine. And if you really need the macro's, just use the num pad ;)

well i bought another one.. and after a month now the broken keyboard was sitting in the corner of my room so decided to see if it would magically start working.. and it did.. i dont understand how it can go from not being detected in BIOS to working fully

Have you update the driver software package from Logitech?
There's been two updates since W7 launched (I have a G15 -first model, blue lit keys)- they help quite a bit.
To use a USB kb to access the BIOS you'll need to enable "USB keyboard" in the BIOS-of course to do this you'll need a USB-PS2 adapter the first time.

the problem is that back when i had the problem.. it was never recognized.. no lite on the keyboard even turned on.. but now its perfectly fine.i didnt try the software update with my first g15.. but with the new one im using the latest software package from their website

ya its broken again with no device recognition.. i suspect there is some loose connection somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back