Logitech opens preorders for Revue Google TV set-top box

By Matthew
Oct 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Logitech has started taking preorders for its "Revue" Google TV set-top device today, with initial pricing set at $300. That fee gets you an Android-based media box with applications for popular social and entertainment services including Netflix, Hulu, Napster, Pandora, Twitter and others. Logitech believes that list will grow, too. "With a huge community of developers creating apps for the upcoming Android Market, there's no telling what your TV will be able to do." Naturally, you can view local content with a preinstalled media player as well.

Read the whole story
  2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,046   +37

That doesnt look like the dinovo mini...
  3. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

I'm assuming and hoping you can develop Android apps for it and it will not be a walled garden...
  4. This turned out to be my favorite purchase of 2010! As a DISH Network employee and subscriber I was pretty psyched when I heard that DISH, Google and Logitech were working closely together for the advanced integration features. I bought one at the discounted price for DISH customers of $179 with the $4/mo. integration fee. I have to say I think it was well worth it. Paired to my ViP722 receiver (the 622 and 722k are also supported) it functions seamlessly its operation is very intuitive and initial set-up wasn’t too bad either. I hear they’re going to be adding even more functionality to it soon, I can’t wait to see where this technology goes.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.