TechSpot

Logitech opens preorders for Revue Google TV set-top box

By Matthew
Oct 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Logitech has started taking preorders for its "Revue" Google TV set-top device today, with initial pricing set at $300. That fee gets you an Android-based media box with applications for popular social and entertainment services including Netflix, Hulu, Napster, Pandora, Twitter and others. Logitech believes that list will grow, too. "With a huge community of developers creating apps for the upcoming Android Market, there's no telling what your TV will be able to do." Naturally, you can view local content with a preinstalled media player as well.

Read the whole story

2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,186   +84

That doesnt look like the dinovo mini...

3. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

I'm assuming and hoping you can develop Android apps for it and it will not be a walled garden...

4. This turned out to be my favorite purchase of 2010! As a DISH Network employee and subscriber I was pretty psyched when I heard that DISH, Google and Logitech were working closely together for the advanced integration features. I bought one at the discounted price for DISH customers of $179 with the $4/mo. integration fee. I have to say I think it was well worth it. Paired to my ViP722 receiver (the 622 and 722k are also supported) it functions seamlessly its operation is very intuitive and initial set-up wasn’t too bad either. I hear they’re going to be adding even more functionality to it soon, I can’t wait to see where this technology goes.