Logitech sees Google TV sales plummet to just $5 million

By Emil
Apr 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Logitech is having a rough time as a Google TV launch partner; the Logitech Revue was released in October 2010 and it's already seeing very poor sales. The company's set-top box and accessories only generated about $5 million in FY Q4 2011 (PDF, via GigaOm).

Read the whole story
  2. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Why are they not surprised? They boxes are too big, (from what I have heard, lacking in functionality), and over priced. Googe TV should be Roku on crack... They should be using a low power processor and have models at 79.99 to star and up. They need the Major players on board like Netflix and Hulu... and have superior Youtube and other services like Vemio support. Also, since it is google, developers should have a great widget SDK and a more deep SDK to play with... what is wrong with this picture. Google focus! You are one of the companies that can do this right.
  3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

They should have given me one of those tv's for free and I would have helped them promote it.
  4. I'm surprised they even sold those $5 million worth in goods... Google TV Jeez :D
  5. Emil

Emil Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 154

6. I'm still trying to figure out what Google TV is and why I should need it.
  7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,034   +70

I wouldn't want one for free either, probably because I don't believe 'freeware' is always good.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.