Looking for a Chrysler Laser

GameJunkie72792

Ive been digging around looking for a Chrysler Laser, 86 preferably. If anyone has one up for sale or knows of where i can find one please let me know...

A google search didnt find any classifieds and nothing on eBay, i might be stuck to get a Dodge Daytona, which wouldnt be so bad, but the Laser is more of a luxury thing and i can still pull power out of the 2.2 TI :p...

I currently drive a 88 TBI Plymouth Horizon, it's my current project but im looking to get my hands on a daytona or more appealing laser.

Sorry, I don't know of any for sale, but I do have a story on an '84.

A few years (more than 10) ago, my dad took the lasers body (outside skin) and built a frame for it, using a '68 Chargers front frame. The entire car was really rusty, but he did all of the body work, etc. He then took and extended the front end, etc. He built everything inside, front to back. The firewall, the floorboard, and wheel tubs. It had a 383 big block, power steering, etc.

After he got it done, he traded it for an ex-army pickup (Dodge, of course) that we had for a few years. After about 5 years, we had a few people saying that they had seen the car in Knoxville, and right after that we get in contact with the guy that we traded it to. He had put it in primer (White), and basically fixed it up and made it look better. He threw in a fire extinguisher, good looking bucket seats, etc. and made it look really good. He had won several car show awards, in Primer!

The funny thing was that when we still owned and drove it, people kept asking to buy the Mustang sitting in the back yard. So many people mistook it for a Mustang. Once, at Wal Mart, we walked out to a group of people standing around it. We just walked up, said hello, and left.... :X

By the way, we have pictures, if you would like to see them.

Good luck with the project..... Mind telling us what you are wanting to do?

I don't know if you have an equivalent of Autotrader in the US, but here in England there are listings of most cars of sale in the country

Theres probably something similar in America, find a car sales magazine and go to its website, you should find something similar

Finchy, I've been checking these it just seems no one has one to sell, but thanks for the suggestion.

mopar man, your name says it all lol thats pretty sweet i dont know if i could trade a beast like that, sounds pretty sweet. I would LOVE to see some pictures

as for the horizon i want to do either a TBI to Turbo or just drop an entire turbo drivetrain from a GLH of some sort.

if i were to get the laser i would do the same but i would go for a bigger turbo that one day could push 15-20psi of boost.

there are all sorts of thing you can do with these cars, its just alot of people overlook them. They make great sleepers :p

Yeah, very rare, though. There is actually a Daytona near me, if you wanted to drive all the way up to Tennessee. I don't think its for sale, and I doubt my dad wants to randomly walk in and ask if he's selling it for someone he doesn't know... :X

But yeah, Ebay is probably the best option.

There are lots of Daytonas around where I live, only seen 1 Laser though, and only saw it once.

Back