Lorex WL2101 digital wireless receiver USB driver

A client has purchased a couple of these Lorex LW2101/MC2101 wireless security camera packs, which I want to connect to his Luxriot NVR.

Given that the LW2101 receiver has a USB port, and when connected to my PC attempts to automatically add the device 'Digital Wireless Camera', it should simply be a matter of installing the driver. I don't want to control the device in any way, I only need it to appear as a webcam.

Alas, I can't find a suitable drive anywhere and was wondering if your collective brains could help me out...

A little bit of poking has given me the following information:-

Hardware id: usb\vid_093a&pid_7011
Vendor id: vid_093a
Vendor name: Pixart Imaging Inc
Device id: pid_7011
Device name: Digital Wireless Camera
GUID: Imaging devices
GUID name: {6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}
Compatible id: usb\class_ff
usb\class_ff&subclass_ff
usb\class_ff&subclass_ff&prot_ff
usb\vid_093a&pid_7011
usb\vid_093a&pid_7011&rev_0100

I have emailed Lorex, but haven't had a reply.

Thanks.

Driver found...

I've found the driver for this wireless camera, and I'm posting this information in case anyone finds it usefull.

The Lorex WL2101 is actually an OEM wireless camera also branded as the Swann ADW-300. You can obtain the driver by downloading the software that comes with their version, from the swannsecurity website, in the directory:-

/downloads/drivers/ADW300 (sorry, can't post links yet)

I downloaded the 'ADW_300_USB_Software_v2_0225.exe' file, installed it, navigated to the program directory, copied 'Driver.exe' to a safe place, then uninstalled the software.

The uninstaller should ask you if you want to 'uninstall a shared file', this is the device driver so keep it. If you need to re-install the driver, just open the .exe file.

I did have a quick look at the shareware software installed and it seems to do a good job. You can remotely control all of the receiver's functions from it, including the ability to switch to any of the four cameras wirelessly connected to it, digital PTZ, and motion triggered recording. It may do the job well, but it's never going to replace Luxriot :)

Obviously, I will be recommending that my client contacts Swann to discuss any copyright issues.

Back