TechSpot

Low Fps for CS 1.6 on Vostro 1500

By KaizenStrife
Jan 17, 2010
  1. I have a vostro 1500...and it comes with
    1.4ghz dual core
    4 gb ram
    gm 965 express chipset

I get really low fps in cs 1.6 and when someone turns on the flashlight i get 4 fps...I get about 25-30 fps constantly which is bad because I play Gaming Leagues..

I really need help...T_T

2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

I would advise you to update all your chipset graphics drivers.

3. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 742

GM Express Chipset are not superb graphic card as they are internal one. Updating drivers won't make a great diffrence. The best to do with it will be to buy a graphic card and put inside.

4. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

We're talking about CS 1.6. Shouldn't really require a heavy duty GPU.

5. Ultiweap

Yes it shouldn't but GM 965 are not to extra graphic card even on the 3 series I got some problem sometimes. Mainly when playing in mass number of bots.

6. KaizenStrife

KaizenStrife TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried tweaking the settings of the game but no improvement

7. Ultiweap

As I say you need to change the graphic card. Internal ones are not superb buy a new one and you will be able to play a lot of games smoothly

8. KaizenStrife

KaizenStrife TS Rookie Topic Starter

I see...But its a laptop though so Im screwed @_@

9. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,062   +77

Thats why I always advise friends and whoever want my opinion to buy a notebook with a dedicated graphics solution even the most pathetic of such are better than intel.

10. vouvry

vouvry TS Rookie

FPS

I have ATI Radeon 1150 graphic card and I dont know why is my fps in counter-strike very low it is about 30-50......... WHY???????????????????befor reinstalation my windows the fps in counter was 80 now it is 20????wHY?????? please ANSWER

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.