Lsass - Application Error (IE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimboy

Hey, what's with the following:
lsass.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x007df878" referenced memory at "0x00000023". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to termnate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
It appears when I start Internet Explorer and whichever option I choose the computer shuts down. Is there a way I can go around it?

lsass.exe is a system process of the Microsoft Windows security mechanisms. It specifically deals with local security and login policies. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Also, in order to help you further we will need your minidumps.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files that we need you to attach to your next posting, NOT the whole folder.

Run drwtsn32.exe at windows and a panel will be displayed. The bottom is the application panel. Select the last entry of the
application errors. You will see the drWatson log of the application error. Cut and paste the content here.

DrWatson generates user.dmp and you can find the them at crash dump (the upper part of the panel of "Dr Watson for Windows"). Crash at system software generates minidump and windows reboots with blue screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back