TechSpot

LucasArts partners with Steam to re-launch classic titles

By Jos
Jul 6, 2009
  1. LucasArts is reaching back to their roots this week, with an announcement that it will be re-releasing ten of its classic titles for the PC through Steam. Included amongst the digital releases planned for July 8 are original adventure games Loom and The Dig, as well as numerous Indiana Jones and Star Wars titles. This is apparently just “the first round of releases,” so we can probably expect to see more of their old games before long.

Read the whole story

2. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 920   +57

Wow that the most exciting news coming out of lucasarts in a long time.

3. yeah, it's been a long time since I've thought of Lucas Arts as a developer that mattered.

4. cyrusjumpjet

cyrusjumpjet TS Member Posts: 93

yes!!! this is great. I've been dying to play through The Dig again.

5. polidiotic

polidiotic TS Rookie Posts: 103

Full Throttle, Indiana Jones, The Dig, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island.... awesome adventure titles. Can't wait to play them again. TellTale has been doing an excellent job at keeping adventure games alive and fun. Sam & Max was great and I'm looking forward to trying out the new Monkey Island game (just saw the trailer yesterday).

Btw, as far as new Lucasarts games go? Force Unleashed was pretty damn good.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.