TechSpot

M$ Outlook not able to Send/Receive

By maXimus4444
Nov 6, 2006
  1. Hello,

I've been having some trouble in M$ Outlook with being able to send and receive emails. Its a POP3 email account. I've checked and re-checked the account settings and they are correct. (As far as I can tell) When I "Test Account Settings," it confirms it can logon to the mail server but when it attempts to send the test e-mail message it fails. The error reads as follows:

Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail address field.

I check the address field but it is correct. I'm not sure what to do?! Any help is very appreciated. Thank you

Also, there is a web-based GUI for the e-mail account. I can logon to and send/receive e-mails from there. I am assuming since that is true that I must have the settings wrong in Outlook.

-maX

2. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

You might have a space at the beginning of your email address

(Just noticed your from Wisconsin, I was born and raised in Lake Geneva, WI always good to see another cheesehead)

3. maXimus4444

maXimus4444 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 86

I can only hope that they have cheese in Hawaii like they have cheese here. Otherwise I feel so sorry for you. But I'm sure its probably a little nicer during the winter season! :)

I checked the address and there's no space in front of it :(

4. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

I like Wisonsin more then Hawaii. We can trade places but I need to keep the same pay.:haha:

Type in your email address and just make sure that you did not fat finger something. Also make sure there is not a certain port that you are suppose to be using. This site is useful for configuring client email account programs

Look in the ISP section

www.answersthatwork.com

5. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

try to send the test e-mail to yourself first! that way you will be sure that the address is correct

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.