Current setup:

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe
AMD Phenom II X4 940
OCZ Vista Upgrade 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)2x
2x Western Digital Caviar Green WD6400AACS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 100258L Video Card
Coolmax CUG-950B 950W ATX12V V.2.2 SLI Certified
Cooler Master HAF 932 Case

Having trouble getting mobo to POST, lights on Mobo light up (green and red for power and reset buttons). Have 20+4 power and 12vATX plugged in. Since there is a power on button on the mobo itself, I have tried using this and the power button on case. Nothing turns on, no fans, no HDD noises, nothing. I have audion installed, used micro speaker that came with the product for testing as well, and am getting no error beeps.

All parts work fine together on my old mobo (MSI K9N SLI-F V2 NVIDIA Nforce 570 LT SLI) , and check out on the compatibility charts I have read in manual. I'm assuming I have something not compatible, or something not hooked up right on board, but have spent weeks, rereading the manuals and trying to figure this out to no avail. I have reset CMOS, taken components off and put them back on like ASUS told me to, and still nothing. The guys at ASUS told me to take it to the local dealer and see if they can fix it, but the place I bought it said they will not try and repair (or take a look at it), and that they will only replace if it is found that it is broken. (Though they test their own gear when it's returned... go figure). Needless to say I could really use the help at this point to either get it working, or determine it is broken so that I'm not out $200.

Thanks for taking the time to read, any and all help is appreciated.
Frank

Take your time and make sure you have the power switch connected to the motherboard properly. There is no polarity concerns for the power switch and the reset switch. Only the power and hard drive LEDs have polarity needs. To my knowledge, only test "buttons" are on motherboards, not PC startup switches. The power switch is a momentairly closed switch. You can short the power switch motherboard header pins quickly to start the power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back