1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Machine reboots with blue screen when loading DVD's

By Telboy ยท 4 replies
May 26, 2009
  1. When inserting DVD's or CD's into Drives after about 10 seconds the blue screen of death appears and the machine reboots. I have checked the event logs and it has revealed a category 102 event 1003 error. I have managed to obtain a text file of the mini dump and I have enclosed it on this thread. Hopefully someone will be able to help me get to the bottom of this.

2. EZ123

EZ123 TS Rookie Posts: 52

I think you forgot to add the minidump ;)

3. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

4. EZ123

EZ123 TS Rookie Posts: 52

Thanks for letting me knw fastco.

Telboy, your crash happens because of a third party mini filter driver. Plenty of products installing a minifilter driver and to find out which one causing the issue I have to get the minidump itself and not only the debug log.

If you want you can try removing some of the third partys software that may include a mini filter. I will search for software such as : AntiVirtus,Antimalware, encryption tools, ISO mounting.

EZ123

5. Telboy

Telboy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Apologies

Sorry for the confusion, was not sure if I had put the thread in the correct section of the forum. Please accept my apologies. If you wish please close this thread and I will continue on the other thread I have posted.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.