Malware paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoReWoRd

am i the only one of do i feel like i am the only one with constant malware problems. i had been using Zone alarm for about a year, before i was mysteriously infected with trojan R bot. i could not remove it so i downloaded KAV 7.0 as the infection was cleared. As the kaspersky was only a trial i deleted it and use Avast 4.7-8. then before i knew it i had another infection of trojan downloader and trojan Icr bot. so i downloaded Eset Av and Spybot S&D which is currently on my computer, but i am still suspicious of a malware infection because my computer is unusually slow and crashes/freezes. here is my hijackthis log

Let's address the Paranoia. You should be paranoid -- the Internet is like swimming
in a drainage ditch -- you just never know what's in there! :(

This topic addresses steps you can take to protect your system

If you've taken ALL of these steps, then start to question the usage of the system
and the websites you visit. It is well know that P2P (peer-peer) systems like Limewire
create an environment that is easily breached and thus allow infections.

The Social Networking sites (MySpace, YouTube) are loaded with trojans and virus'

we will look at it for sure, but I was inviting you to reflect WHY does this keep happening :)

I don't see anything malicious -- but someone else might.

You do have a ton of ActiveX components for gaming and
FPDC_2.3.6.108.cab is used to access www.fileplanet.com for games -- it can
obviously access much more than 'just games'

Highly recommend you add a host file

and block bad ActiveX components using Spywareblaster

ok thnks for ure reply... it turned out i had a rootkit in th Svhost.exe file i have removed it with panda antirootkit

well done! Root kits are nasty to find as you've just discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back