TechSpot

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware link is broken

By DLambie
Jun 27, 2009
  1. For the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe) link doesn't exist it says

=========
    The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
    * Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

========

David

2. ChrisDown

ChrisDown TS Rookie Posts: 125

Works fine for me, are you sure? If not, it could be malware on your system, or an IP filter.

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

4. ChrisDown

Isn't that the same link he posted? :S

5. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Yes, it is. I posted it again. Do you have a problem with that?

6. Resist

Resist TS Rookie

This is almost certainly some sort of malware preventing your PC from accessing some websites. It happened to me, as I have Win32/Heur on my PC. Luckily, I had another PC that isn't infected and downloaded it then, then stored it on a memory stick and ran it

7. ChrisDown

No, I obviously don't understand the intention of your post. I don't have a problem with it, I just don't understand the purpose of posting it again.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.