Many different errors possible net.exe problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curlz

Im having a problem with the net.exe and net1.exe processes flooding the list of processors as i start up the pc..once they leave i try msconfig and it opens then closes...i managed to get a hijackthis log done...usually it closes to...it appears my homepage is always hijacked and some sites only work when proxied in (especially virus help sites and scanners). This virus i think i have seems fairly advanced in what it can do and has done. I scanned with Kaspersky from normal and safe mode with no threats detected..heres the hijackthis log, any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers Curlz

(Moderator edit: Please do not copy and paste your logs. Instead, post them as attachments only in either .txt or .log format. To learn how to attach a log file, please see HERE.)

not that i know much...but it appears not to be all that bad eh im not really sure to be honest. Thanks again

A diagnosis of your log shows a great heap of stuff you need to fix - like everything from R1 down to the last of the 01 including all references to hosts - use Hijack this to fix these and send us another log.

Heres the new log tell me what next. thanks

(Moderator edit: Please do not copy and paste your logs. Instead, post them as attachments only in either .txt or .log format. To learn how to attach a log file, please see HERE.)

looks OK except for a coupe of entries which are not important at
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll (file missing) and
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll (file missing)

Do you have any other symptoms or problems now?

Curlz: I would strongly advise you to run through the 15 step malware preliminary removal instructions first and provide us a log from an updated HijackThis version, as well as logs from ComboFix and AVG Antispyware.

It is likely there are other nasties residing in your system and these will be picked up by ComboFix and AVG.

Regards,
momok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back