Mark Zuckerberg is now richer than Steve Jobs

By Emil
Sep 22, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg now has a higher net worth than Apple CEO Steve Jobs, as first noted by Forbes. This year, Zuckerberg is estimated to be worth $6.9 billion, mainly thanks to the soaring valuation of Facebook -- anywhere between $23 billion and $34 billion -- which he founded just five years ago. Jobs, meanwhile, has a net worth of $6.1 billion, most of which is actually tied up in Disney. Apple was founded before Zuckerberg was born.

Read the whole story
  2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,882   +638

And to think, he makes all his money by selling my personal details and making me look at adverts. Man I wish I had come up with that Idea, I probably wouldn't have abused the power either...
  3. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Guru Posts: 490   +16

I probably would have if I'm being
  4. You cant make that kind of money by being honest.
  5. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 612

You can when theres 200+ million people that use your site for 4+ hours a day
  6. anguis

anguis TS Enthusiast Posts: 85   +12

with the advertisement power facebook holds in its could literally enter any field and become successful. imagine if facebook created a steam-like gaming network. it would instantly be huge.
  7. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

I believe the actual userbase is now double that figure though!
  8. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,291   +55

Ironic Facebook had 2 outages, one yesterday and one today. Both unrelated.
  9. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

They were systemwide updates. I can't stand Facebook, but in fairness to them it was maintenance.
  10. @tengeta the majority of heavy Facebook users are narcissists and people with low esteem.