Marking a thread as resolved

Broni

I'm pretty new to this forum, so I just would like to ask, if such feature exist.
If not, would it be possible to implement it?
Many boards have such an option and I find it very handy.

it would also help to put an end to posting on a topic that's old and already resolved, like broni said above. Give a chance for the topics that need to be taken care of to get taken care of.

Hi Broni, we just implemented that last night (a long promised addition I admit).
Marking a thread as solved will add the [Solved] prefix and close the thread.

Hi Julio :)
I'm glad to hear good news, but....I may need new eyeglasses, because I don't see that option...LOL

Who can mark a thread solved? I presume the original poster besides mods and admins?

I think only the malware helpers should have the ability to mark a thread 'Solved' in the Virus and Malware Forum. This is a unique forum in that the help is directed at the member with the problem only. And I think we should add a sentence to address that.

As for any of the other forums, that's up to Julio. I hope this feature will stop members from posting on threads 3 years after it was started! But these threads are good research tools for others. In many cases, the problem actually IS the same and so is the fix.

According to Julio's PM, it'll be the option for mods and malware people only.
It'll mark thread as resolved and close it at the same time.
It'll work only in malware and BSOD section.
Something went wrong with settings, so you and me still can't see the option, but he promised to work on it today.

A quick update... I've gone back and forth with this add-on but I can't get it to work properly for the malware helper usergroup.

I can use it properly and mods can use it, too. I have messaged the original add-on developer for help, hopefully we will hear something soon.

Thanks for the update. I guess we could have the mods do it, but I suspect they might not want the extra activity.

I know someone I can ask about this feature. Will get back to you if I find anything you can try.

Bobbye

Thanks Julio for heads up.

I guess we could have the mods do it, but I suspect they might not want the extra activity.
With the number of threads, it's almost physically impossible.

Yes, I know. It was more to be a temporary resolution for currently solved threads. And we have more help now, so there are going to be more of them solved and more quickly.!

Edit: I think maybe Julio is work on the site today because I'm getting logged off after every post- or I have to log on again to open a log.Then I am told I'm already logged on! I think that is referred to as a 'loop'!

I'm afraid I've turned to deaf ears...

I have the installed the solved add-on twice and set it up properly, but an apparent a bug is preventing to give permissions outside of administrator accounts.

I even tried turning it on to moderators and giving you those privileges in the malware forum, but the result was the same. I have posted a reply in the vbulletin.org message board and PMed the developer who is said to offer support for this, but it's been 3+ days now and nothing.

Later tonight I will install again from scratch to see if I missed anything, though I doubt it.

Thanks for the update :)
Another option, if possible...
How about giving us (in malware forum only), regular moderating tools, like "Edit thread", "Close thread", "Open thread", etc., so we can have some manual tools?

Back