Memory.dmp help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to figure this out but am not sure since this is my first time using the Windows Debugging Tools. I have a memory dump file as attached. Can someone help me figure out why this machine is has rebooted on its own 4 times since friday night?

Thanks!

hi cmpyutrguy

Please let us know what your system specs are. That error is caused by a hardware issue. Based on your system, I'll try to list a few things you could try to figure out what's causing the problem and hopefully assist you in fixing it.

Spyder_1386 :)

OK this looks to be Software related likely Malware!

Before proceeding cleaning or running the others go to 8 Steps below and get HJT and post a log now as it will tell me what OS etc you are running as you posted no system specs! Then continue from here!

Do the below in order presented!

Clean temps deeply and registry gently do below.

Run CCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds (get SLIM at bottom no Yahoo toolbar)
Run twice or more on Cleanup temps, then on left click Registry then Scan for issues also repeat till clean.

Run ATF-Cleaner http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html Temp and Registry, repeatedly until no more found.

KCleaner ftp://ftp2.kcsoftwares.com/kcsoftwa/files/kcleaner.exe
Fantastic cleaner. (When installing uncheck Relevant Knowledge do not install)

When run click Analyze, when complete the Clean.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Cleanup (CleanMgr) System Restore so do the below

Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk- System Restore and create a new Restore point. Name it "Cleanup at TechSpot".

Then Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk Cleanup
Click OK to accept C:
Select all Boxes
Then click More Options
Here click System Restore and OK to "Are you sure" and the OK to Run.

As this runs it clears all but the most recent Restore Point but it does one other thing that can contain infested files and a huge amount of disk space.

It clears what is known as Shadow copies which are used by specialized back up programs.

This is if you have the Volume Shadow Copy running which is the default.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner if you already have one, ask me before installing a Firewall).
avg

Most importantly update MalwareBytes (MBAM) and SuperAntiSpyware (SAS)!

Before you scan with either MalwareBytes or SuperAntiSpyWare do the Extra Configs below these have become most important lately

SuperAntispyware extra config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

Update the program definitions.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure all boxes are checked except #3 Ignore System Restore.. are checked:

MalwareBytes extra config

After update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them and attach their logs.

EDIT: Hi Spyder I was still composing while you were posting.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back