Memory dump problem

By simpledude09
Oct 14, 2008
  1. Hello all, I am new to this site and I have a memory dump problem. My laptop crashes, goes to the DOS screen and then automatically reboots. I have tried reformatting the comp and problem still persisted. Not sure if its my software, hardware or drivers. I have pasted below 1001 from the event viewer. If anyone needs more info feel free to let me know. Thanks in advance.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0xf895d394,

0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80527260). A dump was saved in:

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hi simpledude09 :)

Can you please attach (using the Attach button [​IMG] in a new reply) the actual DMP file.

You can get to this folder easily, by clicking on Start->Run-> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump ->ok
  3. simpledude09

simpledude09 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Here ya go!

I included couple files wasn't sure which one was which.
    THX Kimsland
  4. kimsland

Inside the 4 Minidumps:

Actually I'm thinking Spyware ? But I'm unsure
    You may need to uninstall IE and install IE7

Maybe have a look here: Have a look at:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions
  5. simpledude09

Thank You Kimsland

I have had to reformat the computer again because some reason the IE has been making my computer very unstable. Ran searches for virus and malware so far...a small back door infection showed up through via my recovery(recovery that I used with my cds) execute file. Very weird because despite me having my firewall and virus scanner installed right after the reformat, it showed up! Will follow the steps you had outlined and provide update.
  6. simpledude09

HELP!! plz

Hello, anyone if you can plz look at my mini dump file. This is the first crash that has happened since reformatting my computer. It crashed when I started the internet browser and I had even switched to Firefox. An error on the crash shows " IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" My firewall states that it is perhaps a driver fault..not sure..if anyone can plz help me. Thank you in advance.
  7. kimsland

Well. Firstly you need SP2 installed
    Then you need all your drivers installed
    Then you need SP3 installed
    Then you need to complete any other security updates since SP3

The SP (Service Pack) updates can be completed at Windows update online
    The Drivers will need to come from your Manufactures support website
    Note: I usually suggest doing this before installing any other software package, including Antivirus and firewall.
  8. simpledude09

Follow up

Hello kimsland,

I installed and updated all SP and updates,I also ran the scans as you had prescribed. The malware scanner picked up a trojan dunno how that got in there.. I have included the files from the scanners including the hijack log, if you can take a look at that one. Thank you for all your help :)
  9. kimsland

This program collects data on the programs that you use and websites you browse. It is unclear if anything is being done with the data.
    If you have a need to support in this manner you can safely leave it alone but we don't recommend having it running at all times from your startup list.

This program and the companion file TGKILL.EXE can be safely uninstalled from the
    Start menu > Settings > Control Panel > Add/remove programs.
    Remove Sony Vaio Support.

Please tick and fix these in HJT
    (Note: although not counted as Malware, some of these are just not required)
    Actually you have many VAIO services and startups happening
    You may want to check Add/Remove Programs for programs that you just don't use
    You can also use an excellent program called Startup Control Panel, to remove unwanted startups
  10. simpledude09

follow up..

Hello Kimsland,

I have so far done the adjustments that you had stated above. My computer has improved alot, but some reason still a little unstable (not sure). I have still gotten some memory dump errors. I have attached those and see what you recommend. Thank you in advance.
  11. kimsland

Looks like Sophos Anti-Virus is corrupting when trying to update
    Before loading SP3 you did uninstall Antiirus didn't you?

Anyway, just uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus and try Free Antivirus like Avast or Avira
  12. simpledude09

follow up..

Hello Kimsland,

Ok, so far my computer has not had a crashing problem. One problem that does exist is for some reason Avast has reaally been slowing my computer down. I had Sophos and took it off as well for the same problem. I have Outpost firewall, which that in itself does not slow the computer. . Is there another virus scanner out there perhaps..? or do I have to set rules up?? (cumbersome.).
    I was told to just keep the actual Windows virus scanner on. Your thoughts are always welcomed.

13. kimsland

Just try Avira, it was also linked in the above post

Actuually let me know if Avira is better, at not slowing your computer down

Also I use CCleaner all the time, try that too
  14. simpledude09

folllow up...

Hello Kimland,

Well, wanted to follow up with you. Regards to Avira, it still slows up the computer at times, slightly better though. Comp been running fine, but now for some reason I have another major problem. Some reason the computer cannot boot up normally now. I cannot get a mini dump file through safe mode( only method I can boot comp). When start up fails (black screen) I get a stop message :
    Session 3_ Initialization failed
    0x0000006F (0xc0000022,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)
    I know its not much info, but your feedback appreciated.

15. kimsland

The file name is too long.

Not sure if that brings any significance to any file you have or something
  16. simpledude09

follow up 2....

Well, I just ran a system restore at this point. Turned out fine, but I still want to get to the bottom of that issue....
    Thanks as always.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.