Memory not recognized correctly

Hodsocks

Hi, I have an old slow pc which had only 256MB of SDRAM installed, so to speed it up I decided to up the memory with a1GB stick of DDR memory. The mobo, a ECS K7AMA has 4 slots, 2 for SDRAM and 2 for DDR ram. I removed the sdram beore I installed the DDR ram, I changed the jumpers as necessary but the system seems to think there is only 32MB installed which makes for a very slow pc, running XP. I have tried both slots but it makes no difference.
I I revert back to the SDRAM, changng jumpers that is recognised fine.The memory is from Crucial and is the type recommended by them on their website.
Any suggestions as to where I may be going wrong?

Well I did wonder that but I relied on the info given by crucial by running their scanner which suggested 1GB should work, I have mailed then but am still waiting for some feedback.

I fitted a stick of 256MB and that was recognised OK, when I added the 1GB memory went up to 288MB, so maybe 1GB is too much for the board, I am suprised that Crucial suggested that it might fit,

^ What is this? Did you mean to create your own thread about your problem? Because I do not see what anything you wrote has to do with anything above it. I also don't even understand your post - first it is lecturing us, then it is asking a question.

Back