Memory Problem when connecting second card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribal-Phoenix

Hi pplz i have recently bought a second memory card which is Corsair PC3200 DDR400 , 512 mb 184-pin DIMM , i already have one which is NANYL 256mb DDR400MHz, - cl3-pc3200U-30330, so when i try to use them both i get a bios warning , not very detailed jsut saying that my computer wasnt properly shutted off , then my pc restarts on start up , same happens whe ni try to run it in safe mode , last good known configuration, but i tried running without an old memory card it works perfectly but doent worrk with both of them , if anyone knows wtf is with those cards plz helrp me. (or ill have to go and exchange it for somethign else :'()
My PC Specs
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Seanix
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2500 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F7d, 11/17/2003
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 125.99 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 738.03 MB
plz email any suggestions to vitalik789@hotmail.com

You really should always use Ram of the same type and brand.Those sticks could have differences, eg Cas latency .
Just use the 512

tomorow im going to that store again, and i dont think there any nanyl's coz i got it with my computer , so what type or cards do u think i should ask them for ?

ps if i just use this 512 card i would still have 256 mb card lying somehwhere ... and its not nanyl its Nanya . opps my bad

Just use the new 512mb and try to sell the old 256mb to a friend or on ebay.

PS: did you try different slots and different combinatations of slots?

Tribal-Phoenix said:
tomorow im going to that store again, and i dont think there any nanyl's coz i got it with my computer , so what type or cards do u think i should ask them for ?

Again you should use the same Brand and type.
Since the Corsair is new (and presumabley it worksby itself) buy another 512 Corsair and do what Real... said by confirming the proper installation positions for using 2 sticks .The user manual of your Mb will illustrate this.

thanks for advice guyz , yah im probably gonna buy another stick of corsair and sell the old one, btw i tryed it in diffrent slots and i run memtest -86 it gives me whole bunch on red errors, anyways thanks guyz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back