Microphone on headset not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i recently just formatted my computer. One of the programs i use is Ventrilo, and i use it to talk to people using my mic. For some reason, people cannot hear me when im talking and i dont know why, if anyone can help me out that would be awesome

Are all the drivers loaded on the machine? goto device manager in control panel and see if there are any yellow question marks in the list.

if so please post.

Test your microphone/headset out by going to Control Panel->Sound and Audio Devices->Test Hardware. When it comes to the point where you have to read out an assigned paragraph and listen to the input, keep an ear out. If you don't hear talking, that means the hardware itself is probably broken. If it is a hardware issue, my guess is that you have a headset with a volume/mute control somewhere in the cord, and the cable has come unsoldered or unseated somewhere in that volume control.

In that case, unless you're a master with a soldering iron and blowtorch, I would not recommend fixing it yourself. Just buy a new headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back