TechSpot

Microsoft CEO: KIN was defocusing, Google is copying us

By Emil
Sep 29, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer was recently interviewed by The Seattle Times, and as always he had some interesting, if not controversial, things to say about what the software giant has been up to. He spoke about the KIN and its relation to Windows Phone, Google competing with Bing, and also mentioned Facebook.

Read the whole story

2. Microsoft you're so pompus, quit being so pretentious, you're not God.

3. Decimae

Decimae TS Rookie Posts: 79

"Our maps are better, our images our better, our picture is different ... They're starting to look at the stuff we're doing and copying it back. What is it? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
    I'm pretty sure google had Maps and Image Search before Bing/ MSN search.

Also, GMaps is better then Bing maps, because of street view, Earth, and turn-by-turn navigation on android.

4. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 616

Honestly, I have never... ever... gotten any good search-results from Bing. I really don't see why Microsoft keeps these things going. It reminds me of Microsoft's own defragmenter... which they had to abandon for some other brand. Was that a copy?

Many users would simply prefer the alternatives that does not shove them into the dirt with security-warnings, MSN-logins and such pests all the time!

5. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

I will have to admit, I like the way google's image search was before they changed it. I'm not a fan of Bing,or their style at all.

6. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

No kidding Wendig0, I've found myself using alternate image searches for the first time in years since Google did that.

7. @Decimae: If you read your own quoted material, "I'm pretty sure" there's nowhere in there they said they did any of those FIRST.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.