Microsoft confirms Windows Phone 7 launch date

By Jos
Oct 4, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has announced it will officially launch its next generation mobile operating system, Windows Phone 7, next week on October 11th. New York City has been chosen as the stage for the gathering, which will also bring along ‘an exclusive’ array of T-Mobile phones powered by the new platform. Curiously, no mention of AT&T was made, even though the carrier was widely believed to be a launch partner in the U.S. with devices such as the HTC Mondrian, LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Cetus. Whether the latter will have a presence at the show as well remains to be seen. [Update: Turns out both AT&T and...

Read the whole story
  2. fwilliams

fwilliams Newcomer, in training Posts: 97

Make sure you go out and buy one right away! Do not wait until the first service pack. Microsoft needs your support and your money to make this work.
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,034   +70

I've been using WinMo for a while now (Tytn, Tytn II, i900) ...... generally it has served me well for what I need to do, but frankly it has been showing its age for a while now. So, hopefully, they are bringing something fresh and useful which may compel me to ditch the good old i900 and get something new.
  4. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

Wow, I'm so excited to see this released!

Oh wait, nevermind, that was just a little gas.
  5. Its because you are full of hot air.
  6. Oh, Microsoft, you never learn, do you?
  7. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,195   +69

I actually have a Samsung I637 the "Jack" and it came with WM 6.5, and frankly I loved it. Can't think of anything wrong to say about windows mobile, haven't had any issue so far and look forward for windows phone 7, I hope there is an upgrade or something like that =)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.