TechSpot

Microsoft introduces Xbox Live Rewards program

By Emil
Dec 1, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has announced a new program that allows Xbox Live users to earn Microsoft Points by doing certain tasks via Xbox Live Rewards. Gamers can earn points, which the software giant has named as the main currency on the Xbox 360 network, for renewing their Xbox Live Gold memberships, purchasing Xbox Live Marketplace items, using the Netflix app on Xbox, taking surveys, participating in promotions, and so on.

Read the whole story

2. cardriverx

cardriverx TS Rookie Posts: 84

Me thinks its time for a new generation of consoles, I am bord of the 360 and PS3 lol.

3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

As long as people keep buying these consoles and peripherals and the developers keep making games for them, the XBox and PS3 aren't going away anytime soon.

Which unfortunately also negatively impacts PC gaming.

4. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 566   +105

Again with the DOOOOOOOOM Tom?

The Xbox 360 has been out for 5 or 6 years now yet they keep making PC games. I guarantee when the PC game industry crashes, you will know it.

5. Darkshadoe

Again with the DOOOOOOOOM Tom?

The Xbox 360 has been out for 5 or 6 years now yet they keep making PC games. I guarantee when the PC game industry crashes, you will know it.

6. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 634   +60

He's talking about the visual aspect of games, I believe. The 360 and PS3 has been out for 5-6 years now with the same capabilities as day one. The PC has grown and improved but will only be able to play games that are built for half a decade old hardware.

That is negatively impacting the PC gamers. Nothing about the pc industry crashing and burning.

7. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

8. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

The pc industry is crashing and burning

jk

But they are 5 years old now aren't they?

9. Darkshadoe

Show me exactly where you mention anything about graphics in your statement. The word "graphics" is not even in your posting. You may have MENT it to be about the graphics, but you did not mention anything about that. All your post did was say that the Xbox and PS3 were "negatively impacting" the PC. Well LOTS of things impact PC gaming. What is your point? Your post came across as your usual nay-saying.

Piggy backing Chazz by saying "What Chazz said" ...Really?? lmao

10. yRaz

yRaz TS Addict Posts: 958   +114

Thats not a joke...And I have also see 16:10 monitors getting phased out, it's a bummer cause I really love 24" 1920X1200 monitors.

11. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 634   +60

To me, it was absolutely clear that he was responding to the first poster.

12. ackack47

ackack47 TS Rookie

xbox 5 years old, ps3/wii 4 years old

13. cardriverx

cardriverx TS Rookie Posts: 84

Yeah guys, Tom was just responding to me. Having 5 yr old consoles does negatively impact PC gaming, I agree with him. Thats part of the reason I wanna see some new hardware!

14. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 593   +47

I know. I breaks my heart too. I've got a 26" 1920x1200 monitor, but I can't hardly find any others for a dual/triple monitor setup anymore. Stupid "HD".

15. dummybait

dummybait TS Rookie Posts: 45

darkshadoe...you sir, are a *****...

16. Johny47

Johny47 TS Rookie Posts: 157

This seems like a good idea, I've always hated the microsoft points thing, I much prefer to use real currency(shows up as pounds or dollars etc) but if taking a quick survey once a week for a month will get you enough microsoft points for a gamer picture pack or something then I'll welcome it =)

17. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

Why is there never a "Like" button when you need it? :)

On facebook its useless, on a news site which allows commenting, its most certainly needed there!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.