Microsoft: Kinect will outsell the iPad

By Emil
Sep 17, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft is expecting the Xbox 360 Kinect motion-sensor gaming accessory to sell millions this holiday season and is being rather optimistic when asked about the device's chance of success. "The preorders have been really strong," a Microsoft spokesperson told Gamasutra. "As far as what we're looking at for holiday, this is going to be stuff that'll blow a...

Read the whole story
  2. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903   +36

A lofty goal Microsoft, maybe too lofty?
  3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

two completely different things... lol Microsoft
  4. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

It should happen, but I also say no one should be surprised that it could. There are far more people with Xbox 360's that will simply buy it to have it.
  5. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616

I think Microsoft's market for Kinect is way smaller than what they estimated it to be. Nintendo have obviously snagged a great deal of potential customers from the Kinect. If Microsoft would've utilized motion-sensing technology before Nintendo, I don't think Wii would've been so successfull either. But now with Kinect at our doorstep, I reckon Microsoft have to come up with something great for it to be a commercial success.
  6. This year, cars will out sell bananas.

The comparison what will out sell more Kinect or iPad is completely pointless. Its a pissing match between 2 year olds.
  7. anguis

anguis Newcomer, in training Posts: 78

I agree, ridiculous comparison. What Kinect needs is some REALLY good games. Otherwise, whats the point?
  8. fwilliams

fwilliams Newcomer, in training Posts: 97

And Kin will outsell iphone!
  9. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 486   +10

The fact is the only comparison is the sales rate of something popular. The fact that the devices have nothing in common did not occur to them I guess. Unless they just are talking about the basic concept of a very new product uptake by the masses.

I'm waiting for more games before I buy into it, although I only really want it for the basic update to console inteface with the system.
  10. Emin3nce

Emin3nce Newcomer, in training Posts: 129

Prostitutes will earn more than hard working IT technicians this year.
  11. LightHeart

LightHeart Newcomer, in training Posts: 155

I think this is a Apple and Oranges um er Xbox comparison that doesn't really mean anything.
  12. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,361   +260

Apparently not, a new Jack the ripper is in town here in england so at least the IT technicians in England will get the money they deserve!
  13. yes, but will the zune outsell the edsel.?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.