Microsoft Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

apell

HI y"all i am trying to install SP1 of Ms office but i am finding difficulty.
i keep getting a message saying that it has not found the software on my Pc then .. asks if i want to install then i click yes and "RUn" ....but after that nothing happens .. the disk runs for about ten seconds then does nothing after that. even after one hour i see no more messages just silence help :knock: :confused:

Is your software legit and registered?
M$ have peculiar ways to prevent updates in certain cases.
If you don't specifically need this SP1, leave it for the moment.
Maybe someone else ?

Ms Office

yes it is legit ..... i bought it from my university computer store UT Arlington Texas ...... it was a student version / offer

This is what M$ says:
Installation instructions
To install this update, do one of the following:

* Use Office Update on the Office Online Web site (recommended). Office Update automatically detects Office and prompts you to install updates and service packs that bring Office programs up-to-date.

* Install only Office 2003 SP1. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Download one of the two .exe files by using the links at the bottom of the page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
o Office2003SP1-kb842532-client-enu.exe: You should download this file if you have access to your original product CD-ROM. You might need to provide the installation source during patch installation if you have previously updated your product.
o Office2003SP1-kb842532-fullfile-enu.exe: Download this file if you do not have access to your original product CD-ROM or if you have experienced problems installing the Office2003SP1-kb842532-client-enu.exe file.
2. It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.

3. In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.

Did you get the small web-update that needs to go online, or the full install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back