Microsoft Office

By apell
Mar 26, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HI y"all i am trying to install SP1 of Ms office but i am finding difficulty.
    i keep getting a message saying that it has not found the software on my Pc then .. asks if i want to install then i click yes and "RUn" ....but after that nothing happens .. the disk runs for about ten seconds then does nothing after that. even after one hour i see no more messages just silence help :knock: :confused:
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Which Windows OS and which Office version?
    Office 2000 usually includes SP1 already.
  3. apell

apell Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 24

Windows

the version is windows Xp and office 2003 .......
  4. RealBlackStuff

Is your software legit and registered?
    M$ have peculiar ways to prevent updates in certain cases.
    If you don't specifically need this SP1, leave it for the moment.
    Maybe someone else ?
  5. apell

apell Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 24

Ms Office

yes it is legit ..... i bought it from my university computer store UT Arlington Texas ...... it was a student version / offer
  6. RealBlackStuff

This is what M$ says:
    Installation instructions
    To install this update, do one of the following:

* Use Office Update on the Office Online Web site (recommended). Office Update automatically detects Office and prompts you to install updates and service packs that bring Office programs up-to-date.

* Install only Office 2003 SP1. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Download one of the two .exe files by using the links at the bottom of the page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
    o Office2003SP1-kb842532-client-enu.exe: You should download this file if you have access to your original product CD-ROM. You might need to provide the installation source during patch installation if you have previously updated your product.
    o Office2003SP1-kb842532-fullfile-enu.exe: Download this file if you do not have access to your original product CD-ROM or if you have experienced problems installing the Office2003SP1-kb842532-client-enu.exe file.
    2. It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.

3. In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.

Did you get the small web-update that needs to go online, or the full install?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.