TechSpot

Microsoft releases Kinect for Windows hardware and SDK 1.0

By Shawn Knight
Feb 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has released Kinect for Windows hardware and the first official SDK is now available for download. The Kinect for Windows hardware is optimized for computers running Windows 7, Windows…

Read the whole story

2. Who cares! When will this gimmick go away? I can see using it in education (programming, robotics etc) but it's so lame otherwise.. M$ please stop. It's enough already with Kinect..

3. go play with your iFail.

4. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +116

As soon as I read the $100 discount I realized it was going to be over priced, but $250? For a fancy web cam that can watch you do stuff. The novelty fails to captivate me in anyway at all, I thought it was overpriced for the Xbox this is just absurd. By the time anyone finds a use for this thing better technology will exist and it will be more affordable.

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

Wait... so we were promised a revised camera system. And since original kinect is USB, people hacked the drivers for it to work fine on PC already.

And we're supposed to pay $250, not $80 like the xbox one..

6. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 639   +127

You have to congratulate Microsoft on this one. It take some real prudence to wait until the hype of a gimmick has completely died before trying to sell it at an overly inflated price.

7. 250$ wtf lmao.....

8. for 250 reasons im gonna pirate windows 8 lol

9. yes techspot, just use the power you have to delete user's comments...

that's the freedom we have here? right...

it just means that you agree with that crap...

please, don't forget to delete this one too...

...sigh...pity...

10. Track IR will cost you twice as much but eat up twice the resources.

Sim gaming is 100x better with head tracking

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.