TechSpot

Microsoft resumes Windows Phone 7 updates

By Jos
Mar 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has resumed the rollout of Windows Phone 7 updates to Samsung-branded handsets after reports that the software was bricking devices. According to the company, about 10% of Windows Phone 7 smartphone owners had problems with the update, with some of them rendered unusable, which prompted them to temporarily suspend the process just one day after release.

Read the whole story

2. Nima304

Nima304 TS Enthusiast Posts: 309   +37

God. They need to stop talking about adding copy/pasting and add it already. It should have been in the initial release anyway.

3. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Should have yeah but they had to get the initial release out of the door for obvious reasons. If I'm correct the other two operating systems didn't have it right away either and even when they did get it, you couldn't copy and paste everywhere...could be wrong about that.

4. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 593   +47

I'm glad that they fixed it as I have been holding off on updating my Focus till they fixed it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.