Microsoft rolling out 'NoDo' update for Windows Phone 7

By Jos
Mar 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. After facing a delay to iron out a few issues Microsoft has finally begun distributing the first full update for Windows Phone 7 devices. Dubbed NoDo as in "No Donuts" -- in reference to Google's Android naming scheme -- the update brings the much awaited Copy and Paste functionality, as well as faster app and game performance, streamlined Marketplace search, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, Outlook and MMS and some tweaks for the Facebook integration.

Read the whole story
  2. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 585   +45

Awesome. I'm stoked to try this out!
  3. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 843   +11

Not sure about their naming for this update. First thing that came to mind seeing 'NoDo' is "No! Don't do it!". Not No Doubt......

Now other than that, it looks like quite an update.
  4. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

Yep, looks fantastic. Here's to waiting for another month to finally get it... *facepalm*
  5. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

My god, Google and Microsoft are both acting like spoilt little girls the last few months...

Seems like a few people from each company need locking in a room until they've resolved (OK, thats the polite reponse for words I can't say...) it...
  6. dude the nodo update means No Donut it was suppose to be a jab at Andriod xD
  7. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

It's so funny to me they released their OS without copy paste. What a joke. Microsoft is going down the internet tubes.
  8. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,034   +70

@Spyder
    Your knowledge will be boosted immensely only if you just wikied for shortcomings of other mobile platforms upon their respective launch.
  9. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

I have had lots and lots of smartphones and pda's. This is the only one without copy paste, ever.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.