TechSpot

Microsoft rolls out Zune HD, Zune 4.0 software

By Jos
Sep 15, 2009
  1. Microsoft's highly-anticipated Zune HD made its retail debut today, as expected, and along with the launch came a few more details about the software behind it. Although for some reason the company decided to ship its player in a largely non-functional state, once you download and sync the new 4.0 firmware you'll get a hold of the new features, which include Smart DJ (Microsoft's version of iTunes Genius) and a new Quickplay menu to access your favorite media.

Read the whole story

2. aaron86

aaron86 TS Rookie

I haven't gotten my hands on a Zune HD yet, but I can say the new software update is working great. In my opinion it beats the crap out of iTunes.

3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

I'm downloading the software now. Hope I like it, and it better not delete all my plays, up to 102k and zune.net acts retarded sometimes.

4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

Awesome I can go buy myself a ZuneHD .... oh wait only available in the US.

5. Anshrew

Anshrew TS Rookie Posts: 20

Buy it online?

6. nice the zune hd is gonna wipe its ***** with the new ipod

7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

If you want to get the 4.0 software just go into your settings then to general and look for updates, if you try a manual install from zune.net you will get a hang after install.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.