TechSpot

Microsoft rolls out Zune HD, Zune 4.0 software

By Jos
Sep 15, 2009
  1. Microsoft's highly-anticipated Zune HD made its retail debut today, as expected, and along with the launch came a few more details about the software behind it. Although for some reason the company decided to ship its player in a largely non-functional state, once you download and sync the new 4.0 firmware you'll get a hold of the new features, which include Smart DJ (Microsoft's version of iTunes Genius) and a new Quickplay menu to access your favorite media.

Read the whole story

2. aaron86

aaron86 TS Rookie

I haven't gotten my hands on a Zune HD yet, but I can say the new software update is working great. In my opinion it beats the crap out of iTunes.

3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

I'm downloading the software now. Hope I like it, and it better not delete all my plays, up to 102k and zune.net acts retarded sometimes.

4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 920   +57

Awesome I can go buy myself a ZuneHD .... oh wait only available in the US.

5. Anshrew

Anshrew TS Rookie Posts: 20

Buy it online?

6. nice the zune hd is gonna wipe its ***** with the new ipod

7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

If you want to get the 4.0 software just go into your settings then to general and look for updates, if you try a manual install from zune.net you will get a hang after install.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.