Microsoft said I had a virus, registry error when updating itunes

TheDreams

I just got a new Iphone 6 and I plugged it into my computer, when I tried to use iTunes, I got a message saying that I needed to update iTunes in order to use my Iphone 6 with iTunes, I tried and got an error saying
Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@Apple.com/iTunes.version=. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Initially I thought it was a mozilla problem seeing as how it says "mozillaplugins" in the error, I went and looked through Mozilla for a plugin associated with iTunes and found none, then I uninstalled Mozilla Firefox all together, but it did not work, still got the error.

I browsed the interweb for answers to my problem but came up with no avail, I called Apple customer Support and was redirected to Microsoft customer support(I know there are a lot of scam "microsoft customer support" numbers out there but this was through the official website.) and he said it was an error associated with the registry and that usually means we have a virus, he said he would happily take control of my computer and help me through my issue if I had their support package, which is bloody expensive, so I thought I'd have my bud Broni help my *** (butt). Before I went to another forum category for halp. =D

If your update situation hasn't fixed itself, just letting you know I'm getting the latest iTunes on my W7 right now.

Back