TechSpot

Microsoft to deliver a smoother setup experience in Windows 8

By Shawn Knight
Nov 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. A new post on Microsoft’s Building Windows 8 blog outlines several steps the company has taken to improve the setup experience in Windows 8. The team learned a great deal…

Read the whole story

2. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 729

A better upgrade system will definitely be a big win in my book. I finally upgraded from Vista to 7 a couple of weeks ago, and the process took about 4-5 hours. The first try, it actually did not work properly, so I had to start over from the beginning. Fortunately, my old Vista installation was still in tact at the time, so it went smoothly after that.

3. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 830   +54

Sounds good. Upgrade straight off the net sounds a bit scary but I expect they will download all the source files before the upgrade wipes the hardware drivers and attempts to reinstall network connectivity. Don't fancy a semi-bricked box or the bad publicity that could cause.

4. More people care about the inability to be able to place Icons (within folders) wherever they want, than are bothered by difficulty installing.

Which has has always (installing) been a right of passage.!

5. Did they release a new developers preview?