TechSpot

Microsoft to offer downloadable Windows 7 Touch Pack

By Matthew
Dec 10, 2009
  1. It would seem that Redmond has plans to offer a downloadable copy of the Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7. First introduced in May, the Windows 7 Touch Pack includes several applications and games that are compatible with touch-enabled displays.

Read the whole story

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,088   +344

Good marketing strategy from Microsoft to take advantage of upcomings nettops with touchscreens or all in one pcs.

I like the approach Microsoft has on computers, one special pack for one special computer.

3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,088   +344

Although they still haven't nailed a pack for netbooks.

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,508   +550

You know, the touch screen has become quite successful for mobile devices. Also for kiosks and vending machines. But mobile devices and kiosks have very limited functionality.

On a PC for normal PC-type functions and applications? I'm not so sure. Think it would be too slow for most users.

And then there's the whole "fingerprints on the screen" which drives me nutz. ;)

5. pomonasi

pomonasi TS Rookie Posts: 32

haha. i was just thinking about them fingerprints..

6. Timonius

Timonius TS Guru Posts: 599   +38

*one day there will be touchless touch screens with no fingerprints* End of absurd dream. ;)

7. How about gesture screen control. Not as good as thought control, but I could live with it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.