TechSpot

Microsoft to offer downloadable Windows 7 Touch Pack

By Matthew
Dec 10, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It would seem that Redmond has plans to offer a downloadable copy of the Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7. First introduced in May, the Windows 7 Touch Pack includes several applications and games that are compatible with touch-enabled displays.

Read the whole story
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,232   +79

Good marketing strategy from Microsoft to take advantage of upcomings nettops with touchscreens or all in one pcs.

I like the approach Microsoft has on computers, one special pack for one special computer.
  3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,232   +79

Although they still haven't nailed a pack for netbooks.
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,346   +396

You know, the touch screen has become quite successful for mobile devices. Also for kiosks and vending machines. But mobile devices and kiosks have very limited functionality.

On a PC for normal PC-type functions and applications? I'm not so sure. Think it would be too slow for most users.

And then there's the whole "fingerprints on the screen" which drives me nutz. ;)
  5. pomonasi

pomonasi TS Rookie Posts: 32

haha. i was just thinking about them fingerprints..
  6. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 581   +32

*one day there will be touchless touch screens with no fingerprints* End of absurd dream. ;)
  7. How about gesture screen control. Not as good as thought control, but I could live with it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.