Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error keeping me from Logging into my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sorry to bother anyone but i have run into a little problem.

I have Windows Vista Home Edition SP2 32bit

When my computer starts up and it gives me the welcome message. You know right before it brings you to the login screen of your OS a box pops up with this message.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

After that I press ok on the box and it just hangs...until the message pops up again and it does it over again not bringing me to my Login screen.

After I realized I couldn't login to my computer the normal way I logged in on safemode, went to msconfig,went to services,clicked the box that said hide all windows services then disabled all others. I restarted the computer and went back to my normal login settings and here I am. Services are still currently stopped but i don't know what to fix. Obviously its one of the services that I've stopped I just don't know which.

Programs that I can that are installed are:

2005 ATL update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
2005 redistributable
2008 ATL Update kb973924 - x86 9.0.30729.4148
2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729
2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17

Any help would be great. Thank You

Try looking at the Windows Event Logs (in particular the System and Application Logs) to see if more info is logged about the error at the time it occurs (e.g. maybe the name of the program with the error).

Note the event entries are timestamped so look for entries around the time of the error.

That entry appears to be related to ATI Catalyst Control center. I'm assuming you have it installed?

Others here are more familiar with it then i am. However, in general, i could suggest
> Make sure you have all Windows updates installed
> In particular, I know ATI CCC requires Windows Netframework 3.0 so make sure that's up to date as well
> You might also try uninstalling and reinstalling ATI CCC

As i assume you're currently running without ATI CCC running (or its service running) you might also try turning everything else back on (except for it) to prove it's the source of your problem

Oh. i see you just edited that last post....

you still might try turning other stuff back on and see if ATI CCC is indeed the culprit

Otherwise, what you are looking for are log entries created at the time of the error. So you might also clear the event logs (i think you click View->Clear Log or something like that). Then recreate the problem noting the time. Then go back into the logs and see what appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back