TechSpot

Microsoft Windows 8 retail packaging revealed

By Leeky
Aug 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. It has been an eventful couple of weeks for Microsoft. The Redmond-based firm announced its upcoming operating system had reached RTM, and the code was subsequently leaked to torrent sites in record time. Speculation also started to circulate about Microsoft's decision……

Read more

2. looks like a childrens book....or a not so attractive book...who knows?

3. Gareis

Gareis TS Member Posts: 73   +14

Interesting design.. I'm going to miss the classic look myself.

4. abysal

abysal TS Member Posts: 68   +10

Wow, looks like something from 1995, what are they thinking?

5. The price for the "System Builder" Edition? The price for the "Full" edition, if such edition comes into existence?

6. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 882   +131

I think it's oooookay... except for whatever you're supposed to be seeing behind the window.

7. At first I hated how Windows 8 looked and felt but after using it as my primary OS for about a month know I am starting to enjoy using it. They have made some very welcome changes to the OS. And for only $40 I might get the full version on Oct 26 mainly because that is cheap as hell, and I might keep it as my main OS and just have Win 7 on a backup drive just in case.

ReederOnTheRun likes this.
  8. I've seen designs like that before back when Saved by the Bell was first on television. It didn't look good then it doesn't look good now.

9. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 734   +230

People will think its a Corel or Adobe product. I swear, there's a Google mole in upper management that's steering the entire Windows 7 effort.

10. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

I liked the wavy flag windows logo!

11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,142   +1,532

Yeah, it's a shame they dropped the flag for a Crayola box.

12. backo

backo TS Member Posts: 58   +8

I really like this industrial look. Pretty current, nice.

13. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 938   +44

When first laying my eye's on this new Windows 8 box. especially with the white colored one, I thought to myself, now where have I seen a Windows box with a splash of almost the same colors and the use of squares? Then I went across my little office space, opened up the closet, looked at a shelf of almost every Windows Operating Systems I have, took out a box that I first thought looked like it, sure enough I was close.....

[​IMG]

Granted a little different on design, but almost the same ques as far as the use of squares and color!

14. Jay Pfoutz

Jay Pfoutz Malware Helper Posts: 4,286   +49

Eh... I think its design is lacking!

15. Chris Just

Chris Just TS Member Posts: 24

I know some will keep that box and to them it might matter. To me it is trash, literally will go in the trash like all the other boxes of things I have bought. Did I care what the box to my Logitech G19 or my Rat MMO 7 mouse or any other thing I have gotten looked liked when I ordered it online? NO! Packing like that matters more since I have to keep it for a time in case I have to return it for some reason. Since software can't be returned once opened that box will be gone the min I open it.

16. Looks fine to me. I don't know what all the moaning is about. It's a box!

17. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

I will wait till ........ W I N D O W S 9

:)

18. lchu12

lchu12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 199   +9

I fear Windows 8 is another Vista in disguise, and will only lead to the next Windows within one year...

DragonMaster Jay likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.