Mini dump help

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithg

Hello,
Iam new here and have some issues iam hoping I can get some help with .. I recently put together a computer and have been plagued with memory dumps. I have tested the memory and hardware and I cannot seem to find any issues. I am thinking it is a driver issue but I need help confirming
here is my log .. can anyone help?

View attachment kgdebuglog.txt

Thank you

Can we please have some system specs and a little more detail on when this error appears? What are you doing when it appears?

Have you installed the motherboard's chipset drivers?

hey sorry .. cant believe i didnt post that .. long day at work

specs are
intel q6600
asus striker extreme
lg sata dvd burner - lightscribe
2 gig ocz reaper 800
8800 gtx oc2 video card
bfg physx card
250 gig sata
500 gig sata
everything has updated drivers - hardware Seems to be ok
and as for when it happens it is random .. sometimes nothing is going on .. sometimes when i put a cd in .. sometimes when iam surfing the net or downloading

Try running with just one stick of RAM at a time. You've got some timer routines on the stack, and this is usually a sign of a RAM problem.

Ive tried 1 stick already but still got some crashes .. last night i changed sticks so iam running on the second one .. so far no crashes - but i also took out my physx card - if i have no problems i will put my physx card back in and try

Well .. tried 1 stick at a time and still got the memory dump .. - tried removing the physx card .. started downloading .. no errors .. played neverwinter nights and I got a crash ..
here is the new file
is there anyone out there that can give me an idea of what could be happening?

View attachment debuglog.txt

i dont have any usb modems .. right now the onlything usb is my mouse and keyboard .. ive tried a ps2 keyboard and mouse set but the same error comes up

tried that - installed the latest chipset drivers - works for a while but then i get another blue screen =(

It really does no good just to be able to "Read" minidumps, you have to learn to interpret the results...

Automatically choosing to check memory, hard drives and system drivers, give much faster results in finding the cause of the error in the first place

actually after that bsod i installed the new drivers for my video card (didnt know they had some new ones on friday) and i changed my virtual memory to be managed by the system .. and so far ... ( i dont want to jinx it ) but no bsod ..

That's good news keithg. It is good to let Windows manage virtual memory. If you had set it manually, maybe your hard drive space is getting low, even with 2 large drives. 2GB of RAM should be plenty though

I will keep you posted for sure . i am going to put this rig under some stress tonight and see what happens =) wish me luck!

The same USBPORT.sys... So you have no special USB devices other than maybe a mouse or keyboard? Does the system crash and restart on it's own?

it used to flash blue screen then restart but i disabled that so i can see the error ..

here is what i just did .. i have reinstalled windows - unplugged my usb keyboard and mouse so iam using ps2 now .. and i am just updating windows and my motherboard and video card drivers - iam going to start with Nothing installed again ..

Guess what .. it happened again .. new fresh install and Nothing touched the USB ports ..
heres the log .. again

this time iam going to disable and uninstall the usb drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back