Mini-ITX Wars: Asrock's Intel Z68 vs. AMD A75

If you pair the AMD A75 with a HD 6670 you can enable Dual Graphics which will make the video performance = to a HD 6690.
This makes it an even cheaper solution for a quality media box.
What GTX 580 takes up 2 slots when theres only enough room for 1 in a case...

Guest said:
If you pair the AMD A75 with a HD 6670 you can enable Dual Graphics which will make the video performance = to a HD 6690.
This makes it an even cheaper solution for a quality media box.

6690? Does that even exist? Hope you're not talking about a 6990 lol, no way in hell do two 6670s come close.

There are Mini-ITX cases that support dual slot graphics cards. I am using the Lian Li PC-Q25 for example...

6690? Does that even exist?
Sort of. It's a bit existentialist, but adding an HD 6670 to Llano's graphics "creates" a HD6690D2. It's just a naming convention and probably easier to sell than "AMD Almost-Crossfire"

slide34.jpg

[ PC Perspective dual graphics performance review]

I would take the AMD solution just for the APU, I mean intel HD video is somewhat decent for some HD content, but that radeon 6310 renders 1080p with no problems whatsoever, not to mention it is good for light gaming as well.

I really can't believe the Intel onboard graphics they are truly pathetic can't understand why they bother.The AMD solution is really the perfect one for a media PC of a desktop for the average home user.....Intel's well you could use it for a video picture frame......maybe

Steve said:

There are Mini-ITX cases that support dual slot graphics cards. I am using the Lian Li PC-Q25 for example...
Lian Li in general seems to be making some kind of a splash with many of their ITX cases as of late coming with 2 slots, with the Q08, Q11, PC-TU200, and of course the Q25. The extra flexibility is nice, considering prior to my current build, I was using a RAID card and a slot fan to help populate the 4 HDD slots in my Q08. Now I've got the GTS 450 I won 11 months ago populating that spot, with a much beefier processor and motherboard. =)

Back