MOBO/Video Card Compatibility Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started building My new system and I finally got everything installed and in working order. I turned it on and everything seemed to be working perfectly all the Fans worked, all the LED lights turned on, No beeb codes. Hard drive turned on as well, but nothing dislplayed on the monitor. just a no signal screen. I was wondering if it was because of a compatibility issue between mobo, and video card, or do you think it could be the mobo itself, Im pretty sure its not the Video Card because its brand new, and I had tried another one before as well.

here are the specs for my system

MOBO - Foxconn 975X7AB-8EKRS2H LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel CrossFire
CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
RAM - A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
GPU - ATI HD 3850 512 MB
HDD - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

Make sure that if your mobo supports onboard video that it is disabled in the BIOS. In some cases, you may need to utilize the integrated graphics until you install and configure the new graphics adapter. If you are doing a fresh install of Windows, the OEM CD-ROM should assign a generic driver until you install the correct ForceWare. Also, make sure that you have enough power to run the card and that your monitor is set up to receive the correct input. (VGA vs. DVI)

Thanks for the tips, the issue is that i don't have an on board graphics card, therefore cannot see anything at all... Im sure i have enough power, i have a 12Volt 600W power supply, sorry for the noob question I'm about to ask but how can i switch my monitor's input setting from VGA to DVI?

VGA is usually represented by a blue cable head while DVI is typically white. Some monitors can accept both types of video from the video card which can be switched via the buttons on the front. If the monitor you are using only accepts one type of video out, then this doesn't apply. Most graphics cards come with an adapter as well, so you can convert the signal from DVI to VGA (for older setups).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back