Monitor power on problem

By omegaX
Aug 13, 2005
  1. Hi, I'm new to the forums.

The Monitor is a Benq FP71G+, less than 3 weeks old .

Since yesterday I've been having a problem with this monitor not being able to power on once the computer is on.

Here is how it happens:

1) I turn on the monitor
    2) turn on the pc
    3) turn off the monitor when I leave
    4) come back and when I try to power the monitor on again it will not... (if I shut down the computer it will turn on again)

First few times this happened I was able to just unplug and replug the monitor power cable...but now that doesn't help

Is it the monitor? Video card? or other problems?

2. omegaX

omegaX TS Rookie Topic Starter

-thx again
  3. flashmonkey

flashmonkey TS Rookie Posts: 103

Borrow someone elses monitor that works like a charm and test it out to see if it does it. If it does, then it's probably your video card or something inside your box. If not, you have a faulty monitor. Maybe the power that is still sent to the monitor builds up and overloads it or something.
  4. omegaX

I tried my older crt on it, and there were no problems. I tried this monitor on my older comp, and it worked fine as well... I'm confused..

could it be non-hardware issues?

5. flashmonkey

flashmonkey TS Rookie Posts: 103

It might be a compatibility issue which doesn't really make much sense (can't think of anything else :confused: ). Monitors are supposed to be universal. Hmmmmmm... Call up the manufacturer of your monitor and ask for a replacement or troubleshooting or something.
  6. omegaX

Ill be contacting benq.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.