Monitor power on problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to the forums.

The Monitor is a Benq FP71G+, less than 3 weeks old .

Since yesterday I've been having a problem with this monitor not being able to power on once the computer is on.

Here is how it happens:

1) I turn on the monitor
2) turn on the pc
3) turn off the monitor when I leave
4) come back and when I try to power the monitor on again it will not... (if I shut down the computer it will turn on again)

First few times this happened I was able to just unplug and replug the monitor power cable...but now that doesn't help

Is it the monitor? Video card? or other problems?

-Steve

Borrow someone elses monitor that works like a charm and test it out to see if it does it. If it does, then it's probably your video card or something inside your box. If not, you have a faulty monitor. Maybe the power that is still sent to the monitor builds up and overloads it or something.

I tried my older crt on it, and there were no problems. I tried this monitor on my older comp, and it worked fine as well... I'm confused..

could it be non-hardware issues?

-Steve

It might be a compatibility issue which doesn't really make much sense (can't think of anything else :confused: ). Monitors are supposed to be universal. Hmmmmmm... Call up the manufacturer of your monitor and ask for a replacement or troubleshooting or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back